This was an adaptation from a diet recipe book for slow cookers, and was a pretty easy recipe (particularly using the slow cooker, but also just the limited number of items to chop / dice / slice). And the mango chutney is really the key to the sweet taste. I wasn’t a big fan of chutney before, but it is awesome here.
- Type of Meal: Dinner
- Genre: Slow cooker, Asian
- Difficulty: Easy
- Yields: 4 servings
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 4.5 hours
- Rating: 🐸🐸🐸🐸⚪️
- Chop the boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb / .5 kg) into 1-inch pieces.
- Chop the bell pepper (1 green or red) into 1-inch pieces.
- Slice the large onion (1).
- Seed and chop the large tomato (1).
- In a small or medium bowl, combine the mango chutney (1/2 cup), water (1/3 cup), cornstarch (2 tbsp) and curry powder (1.5 tbsp).
- Place the chopped chicken, chopped bell pepper, and sliced onion in the slow cooker and mix it together well.
- Add the tomato on top, evenly distributed.
- Pour the chutney sauce evenly over all the ingredients already in the slow cooker.
- Cover, cook on low for 3.5 to 4.5 hours or until the chicken is tender.
- Serve over rice.
- You could experiment with different chutneys for different flavours.