Into the second week of some of the shows:
- Covert Affairs had a big development with potential job change for Augie — I hope he’s not leaving the show, he’s one of the parts I like;
- Suits had a great episode about romance — for just about everyone, and Mike made a big decision that hurt his chances at the firm but helped him reaffirm the kind of lawyer he wants to be (hint: going “soft” in a cross-examination because the witness is a friend is not a selling feature for associates);
- Secret Circle had another death, keeping the force going, and the binding ritual has been completed;
- NCIS was kind of stupid, with storyline about a foster child with a Peter Pan complex;
- Lost Girl brought Kenzi into the Fae fold as an ex-slavic girl who fears a female boogeyman; and,
- How I Met Your Mother reintroduced “Victoria” as a long-lost Ted love, and she was great in the episode but with huge revelation that Ted still has a thing for Robyn (but we know from previous years that she becomes “Aunt Robyn” so she’s not the titular Mother).
But the real surprise for me was Ringer. I mentioned earlier that I like the character, but hate the actress (Sarah Michelle Gellar) outside of her Buffy action roles. Yet, here’s a kicker — she was good this week. Maybe she’s growing on me? We got to see her settling into her new character, and that was good. Get rid of the Siobhan mystery for a couple of weeks, and it could actually be good.