Plot or Premise
What I Liked
There are a number of sections that are quite well done, such as:
- Emptying your mind for meditation vs. filling it up during a life spent reading (pg. 14);
- On the un-importance of the authors vs. the impact of the words themselves (pg. 17);
- A life spent reading (pg. 96);
- Choices of reading material (pg. 107);
- Ruined by reading (pg. 114); and,
- On self (pg. 119).
What I Didn’t Like
Some of the sections could have benefited from a bit more analysis and historical context, not just the personal impact in her own life.
The Bottom Line
The tone was pleasant, but not a serious work.