It’s hard to call this a “new recipe” since we’ve used it several times before and it is really just using English muffins for your pizza crust with assembly of different toppings on top, so not much of a “recipe”. But I thought I would add it here anyway. I have a small bias towards including pepperoni in every variation, but technically it is optional. 🙂
|Type of Meal|
Snack, Appetizer, Other
Topping Layer Options
Main preparations (common steps)
- Slice the English muffins in half.
- Prepare (slice/dice/shred) any of the optional toppings.
- Pre-cook any of the extra toppings as necessary (i.e., brown the ground beef, sausage, etc.)
- Spread the sauce evenly over the cut English muffins.
- Add any additional toppings from the variations below.
- Add cheese on top.
- If you are planning to eat them immediately (as opposed to freezing for later), place the English muffins on baking sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes PLUS an additional 5-8 minutes depending on how many toppings you add and/or the number of additional mini-pizzas you are cooking.
- If you want to freeze them: Assemble the ingredients on top, etc., but DO NOT bake them; bag them or place in freezer containers, and they should be good for up to 3 months. If you cook from frozen later, increase the baking time to 24-28 minutes.