I wanted to try some more playing around with my iPhone at the scope, this time with the 8SE, so I setup on Wednesday, July 24th in my backyard. I wasn’t looking to do a long haul night, just a bit more practice.
I was trying various setups, and mostly just single frames to see if I could make any progress. I started with Jupiter, and with a setting of ISO40 and a duration of 1/10s, and digital zoom on my screen, I managed this…
I boosted the ISO to 80, and just went with regular viewing (no digital zoom), and managed this.
With an ISO of 32, duration of 1/11s, and digital zoom, I managed this of Saturn:
No post-processing, just straight from the camera.