If you know anyone named Paul, chances are that at some time in their life, somebody nicknamed them polliwog. In my case, it was my sisters. So, when I was looking for an online name to use, I chose: Shiva. The destroyer. A nice masculine-sounding, over-the-top, harsh persona. Not really me. Eventually, I fell back to something a little closer to my real persona, polywog/polliwog. And on an early platform, those spellings were already taken so I added a G. PolyWogg was born. AKA the tadpole. Sometimes the “typing tadpole” (if you’re visiting Reddit).
And, as my web life progressed, I switched over to a WordPress-powered blog — PolyWogg’s Blog. Recently, I separated the site into two separate sites:
- ThePolyBlog.ca — “My view from the lilypads”, aka my general blogging platform; and,
- PolyWogg.ca — “The writing life of a tadpole”.
This is my writing site where I put all my formal “writing” projects, such as:
- My HR guide;
- Reviews of books, TV, movie, music (coming soon);
- A report of a conference I helped organize back in 2002;
- A guide to astronomy (under development); and,
- Online trivia (under development).
Of course, the views expressed are my own and nobody else’s.
So, without further ado, I give you the writing life of a tadpole.