I’ve posted a few times about my experience with smartphone astrophotography. A person who is active online in this area, Kevin Francis, shared with me a copy of an infographic he did based on his experiences.
You can find the infographic over at:
Note that the infographic isn`t meant to give you all the details, but I like his framing:
- Choosing your equipment (i.e., pick a smartphone);
- Choose a camera app (there are only really two great ones, depends on which OS you`re running);
- Use a tripod or mount to make it steady;
- Decide if you`re using the phone by itself, marrying it to a lens, or shooting through a telescope;
- Capture the image (single shots, long or short exposures, multiple images for stacking, etc.);
- Process the images you took.
Is that level of detail going to get you going today? No, but it will tell you the basics you need to know so you can start thinking about what you want to do. Thanks to Kevin for sharing…