I confess I was a bit excited to use my Delos for this batch. It is my favorite lens by far, a perfect power for my scope. And yet attaching it to my iPhone with the adapter was a giant pain in the patootie. It has a larger FoV and display glass, should have been easy to set up, but I struggled more than with the plossls. I thought it was perhaps the power, but you’ll see later that it wasn’t. It just didn’t line up great.
I was still set on the f/1.8 lens on the camera, and it’s lowest ISO is 24, so I was still working with that….add in AWB, and 1/125th of a second exposures.
At first, I had an itty bitty FoV which allowed me to capture Mare Crisium again:
This next one was so small, it was hard to be sure it was still the same sea:
I was still struggling, and this one I don’t even KNOW where it is targeting:
Then, I repositioned the camera on the lens, and voila, I got this:
Super washed out, which is likely the 1/125s duration combined with the extra power. But Mare Crisium is at least identifiable again. Then as I was playing, I found these rilles:
Super fun, and when I threw a Lunar and Planetary filter on them, they REALLY popped. Very cool. But overall, I was disappointed with the Delos. I got a couple of pics, but was expecting more excitement and an easier time with mounting.