Last year, NBC had 19 shows up for review, and only cancelled five, three of which were new and two were just past their S4/S5 syndication dates.
Returning shows that I think are safe for renewal:
- Chicago Fire
- Chicago Med
- Chicago P.D.
- Great News
- Law and Order SVU
- The Blacklist
- The Good Place
- This is Us
- Trial and Error
Returning shows I think will be cancelled:
- Shades of Blue – no way this makes it to syndication;
- Timeless – it was so close to cancellation, it actually WAS cancelled and then reversed when there was nothing else to replace it in the schedule, likely won’t get a third chance;
New shows that I think will make it:
- Champions – Two and a Half Men found an audience, this should find the same one even without Charlie Sheen;
- Rise – Mr. Holland’s Opus meets Glee, yep, it might find an audience;
- Will and Grace – duh;
New shows that I think will get cancelled:
- The Brave – Elite undercover military heroes…umm, no;
- A.P. Bio – bio teacher using nerds to attack the person who stole his dream job…umm, also no;
- Good Girls – Thelma and Louise meets Breaking Bad? … can I get a “hell, no”?
- Law & Order: True Crime – great idea, lousy premise for the case;
- Reverie – Save people from a VR game? Love the premise, hate its chances;
As always, red indicates shows I watch or will give a chance.