I didn’t have much luck with Jupiter, but Saturn looked almost easier. It wasn’t. I tried starting with ISO 24, not too sensitive, with a 1s duration (not sure why I didn’t go for a faster speed). And I got something, which loses a lot when you crop it:
Because it was dark, I jacked the ISO up to 1280, and went for 8s…again, I got something:
Another site had talked about maxing out the ISO, which seemed crazy, but I went to 9000+ and a 1s duration, with understandable washout:
I don’t know what I was thinking, other than I was having trouble with settings, but I went up to 2.5s, with at least the stars showing well:
And just for fun, I closed out with 25s, which is about 15s too long for my alt-az mount to track anything without blur or star trails:
Sigh. Not a giant success.